Uploading and sharing photos on Geni is quick and easy. Wherever you are on the site, you can use the drop down menu to add photos to your albums either with our Simple Uploader or from Picasa on your Windows desktop.
1. At the top of the page, click on the Family tab and select “Photos.”
2. Next click “Add Photos” to begin uploading your pictures to Geni.
3. Now when you upload your photos, you will only see two tabs – Simple Uploader and Picasa Desktop
4. With the Simple Uploader, you can quickly add multiple photos at once from your computer, tablet or phone either by dragging and dropping the photos into the gray box or by clicking the gray box to select the files you want to share. Tablet and smartphone users can simply touch the gray box to select photos from their device’s gallery. The photos may be uploaded to a new album or you can choose to add your photos to an existing album from the drop down.
If using Picasa, just click on the Geni button to upload your photos from your Windows desktop.
There is no limit to the number of photos you can upload at once. After selecting the files, a green progress bar will appear as your photos are being uploaded.
For especially large photos, the photo uploader will resize the images to 2048 x 2048 pixels and preserve the photo’s aspect ratio.
5. When your photos are done uploading, you will be able to tag the people in the photos, add a title to each picture and even select one to be your profile photo. Once you are done, you can save your changes.