To print your tree, click on the printer icon located on the bottom right corner of the tree.
A pop up window will appear, giving you two options:
- Create your family tree chart - click this if you wish to create a custom, high-quality version of your family tree for download or printing
- Print basic tree - click this if you would like to do a quick print from your home computer
Family Tree Chart
To print a custom, high-quality version of your family tree, click the "Create Your Family Tree Chart" button. Customize your Family Tree Chart and when you are finished click "Download" at the top right corner of the page.
Basic Family Tree
If you wish to print your basic family tree from home, click "Print basic tree."
You will be given several options, including:
- Show Legend – check this box if you would like to print the legend for the tree.
- Show Photos – check this box if you would like to print the photos that appear on your tree.
- Print in Black & White – check this box if you would like to print your tree in black and white. The boxes on your tree will print white, with the text inside the box printing black.
- Show page numbers - check this box if you would like the page number for each page printed on the tree
If your tree is small enough to print on one page, the pop up window will indicate this at the top. If your tree is too large to fit on one page, the pop up window will indicate this, as well, and you also have a few more options to consider when printing:
To change the size of the tree to be printed, you can do one of the following:
- Click the icon with the number 1 on it. Doing so will shrink your tree small enough to be printed on one page
- Click the small “abc” letters, and the tree size will increase slightly, to where the print size would be small, but readable
- Click the large “abc” letters, and the tree size will go to the maximum size to be printed
- You can also move the slider left and right to manually shrink or increase the size of the tree
You may also adjust the number of generations to display in the tree by clicking 'Preferences' at the bottom of the tree page.