Firefox version 52 and later do not activate Flash automatically, even when a web site like Geni attempts to display Flash content.
First, please visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about to make sure your Flash software is up-to-date. If your version of Flash is out of date, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install the latest version.
Once Flash is installed, you can activate it on Geni as follows:
- Open a page / tab to https://www.geni.com/family-tree
- If you see the following message, click "Activate Adobe Flash":
- Alternatively, you may just see a blank rectangle, and the plugin notification icon will appear toward the left end of the address bar:
- If you click the message or the notification icon to activate the plugin, Firefox will prompt you with two options:
- Allow Now: Activates Flash only for a single visit.
- Allow and Remember: Activates Flash for all future visits to that site.
- Select "Allow and Remember" so you will not have to repeat this process every time, and then try again: https://www.geni.com/family-tree