You can share your tree with others who are not on Geni by sending them a link. Please keep in mind that this is a limited read-only view of your tree to share with family and friends outside of Geni and you may only go back up to 5 generations.
To share a link to your tree to a limited read-only view of your tree:
1. Click the Family tab at the top of the page and select "Share Your Tree"
2. Under "Link to Your Tree," copy and paste the URL to share a limited read-only view of your tree.
To preview how your tree will look, click "Preview."
You may also customize how your tree will look. Click "configure" to customize the tree type and display type.
If you no longer wish to share your tree, you can deactivate your link. Simply click the button "Deactivate this shared tree view." You may create a new link at anytime.
Once you publish your tree, we can no longer guarantee the privacy of the data displayed. Consider the privacy of your family members when sharing your tree.
- You choose where to display your shared tree.
- Your shared tree cannot be edited by anyone.
- Other branches of your tree are not accessible.
- Only publicly viewable profile photos are shown.
- Additional profile information is not shown.
- Last names are not shown unless you choose to display them for deceased direct ancestors (starting with your grandparents).
- Minors are not shown unless you choose to show your own children.
- You can deactivate your shared tree at any time.
Updated: August 30, 2021