Thanks for visiting the Geni help center.
Do a search for the topic you are inquiring about. Chances are someone has already provided an answer!
Watch our Video Tutorials for instructions on how to use great features on Geni.
Have a question?
Submitting a ticket
Are you still unable to find your answer? Submit a ticket and get a direct response from our expert customer service team.
Note: The ability to submit tickets is a Geni Plus and Pro only feature. If you are a basic user, please take advantage of our self-help tools, such as Help Topics, Video Tutorials, and our Community Help forums.
Report a Bug
Experiencing an issue on Geni?
What do you need help with?
- How do I Enable Two-Factor Authentication?
- How do I sign up for Geni?
- What is Geni?
- Why can't I login?
- Lost Password
- How do I update the email address on my Geni account?
- How do I contact Geni about my subscription?
- Is Geni free?
- What are the benefits of a Geni Pro membership?
- How much is a Geni Pro subscription?
- How To: Try Geni Pro for Free
- What payment methods does Geni accept?
- Problem with a page on Geni?
- What profiles are private?
- What are public profiles?
- How do I control what is listed publicly?
- How can I block another Geni user?
- Who is included in my Family Group?
- How do I add someone to my tree?
- My tree won't display, what should I do?
- How do I enable Flash in Firefox version 52 and later?
- How do I enable Flash in Safari / Mac ?
- How do I enable Flash in the Edge browser?
- How to: Switch from HTML to Flash tree view
- How do I view my profile?
- How do I add multilingual names and biographies to a profile?
- What is a Master Profile?
- How can I update an email address on a profile?
- How do I contact the manager(s) of a profile?
- How can I update the profile for someone who is deceased?
- How To: Use Tree Matches
- How do I merge duplicate profiles?
- Where can I find general information about merging?
- What are data conflicts and how do I resolve them?
- What does the Yellow Triangle in the lower left hand corner of a node mean?
- What does the blue '+' sign in the lower left hand corner of a node mean?
- What are Record Matches?
- What are Smart Matches™?
- What are Value Indicators?
- Why is there a red magnifying glass on a confirmed match?
- What is a MyHeritage Data subscription?
- How do I confirm matches?
- ★ How do I link Family Tree DNA test results to my profile?
- I've linked my FTDNA account but my Geni profile shows no results. Why not?
- Where can I find my DNA Matches list?
- How do I link Family Tree DNA test results to a relative's profile?
- What if I've linked a Family Tree DNA kit to the wrong profile?
- How do I update my Family Tree DNA test results on my profile?
- How do I upload my photos?
- How do I identify relatives in a photo?
- How can I access photo albums?
- How do I turn off photo captions?
- How do I upload a new profile photo?
- How do I rotate a photo?
- What is a Project?
- How do I create a Project?
- How can I add profiles to a project?
- How do I add photos to a project?
- How do I add documents to a project?
- How do I add videos to a project?
- What are Discussions updates and who receives those?
- How can I view my inbox messages?
- How can I view my notifications?
- How can I view my requests?
- How can I send another user a message?
- How can I change which people I am notified about?
- What are the reasons for reporting a profile, image / document, project, etc?
- How do I report a profile?
- How do I report a profile as Deceased?
- What is a Claimed Historical Profile?
- What is Spam?
- What is a Vandalism report?
- Can I import a GEDCOM into Geni?
- Is GEDCOM Import free?
- Is there a limit to what I can import into Geni with a GEDCOM?
- What is the "GEDCOM import in progress" icon in the tree?
- How do I handle matches during my GEDCOM import?
- Can I undo a GEDCOM import?
- What is MyHeritage?
- What does this mean for Geni?
- How will the two websites operate?
- How will this affect my Geni membership?
- Will MyHeritage users be able to access my Geni tree?