Thanks for visiting the Geni help center.
Do a search for the topic you are inquiring about. Chances are someone has already provided an answer!
Watch our Video Tutorials for instructions on how to use great features on Geni.
Have a question?
Need help from a curator? Please post in the Geni discussion entitled ATTENTION Curators, please assist.
Submitting a ticket
Are you still unable to find your answer? Submit a ticket and get a direct response from our expert customer service team.
Note: Priority technical support is granted only to users who have subscribed to Geni Pro. If you are not a Pro user please take advantage of our self-help tools, such as Help Topics, Video Tutorials, and our Community Help forums.
Report a Bug
Experiencing an issue on Geni?
What do you need help with?
- What is the "Ancestor loop detected" inconsistency?
- What is the Geni Consistency Checker?
- How To Resolve Inconsistencies
- How can I use the Consistency Checker to verify a relationship on Geni?
- What is the "Person is too old to be alive" inconsistency?
- What is the "Birth date is after death date" inconsistency?
- What is Geni?
- How do I sign up for Geni?
- Lost Password
- Why can't I login?
- How do I Enable Two-Factor Authentication?
- How do I update the email address on my Geni account?
- How do I contact Geni about my subscription?
- Is Geni free?
- What are the benefits of a Geni Pro membership?
- How much is a Geni Pro subscription?
- How To: Try Geni Pro for Free
- What payment methods does Geni accept?
- Can curators edit and merge private profiles?
- Problem with a page on Geni?
- What profiles are private?
- What are public profiles?
- How do I control what is listed publicly?
- How can I block another Geni user?
- What is the World Family Tree?
- How do I add someone to my tree?
- How can I connect profiles I've added to an existing branch?
- How can I add adoptive/foster parents to the tree?
- How do I create an unconnected family tree branch?
- How do I edit an existing parent conflict to set biological/adoptive parents?
- What is the Genealogical Proof Standard?
- What is the Birth Surname field?
- How do I view my profile?
- How do I add multilingual names and biographies to a profile?
- What is a Master Profile?
- How can I update an email address on a profile?
- How To: Use Tree Matches
- How do I merge duplicate profiles?
- How do I merge by inviting a relative with their email address?
- How do I drag and drop profiles in the tree to merge duplicates?
- How do I use "Resolve Duplicates" in the Tree?
- How do I use "Merge This Profile"?
- What are Record Matches?
- What are Smart Matches™?
- What are Value Indicators?
- Why is there a red magnifying glass on a confirmed match?
- What is a MyHeritage Data subscription?
- How do I confirm matches?
- ★ How do I link Family Tree DNA test results to my profile?
- I've linked my FTDNA account but my Geni profile shows no results. Why not?
- How do I link Family Tree DNA test results to a relative's profile?
- What if I've linked a Family Tree DNA kit to the wrong profile?
- Where can I find my DNA Matches list?
- Autosomal Match Quality
- How can I add a Document?
- How do I tag a profile to a document?
- How To: Make Documents Useful
- How do I make a public document private?
- How can I save a document?
- How do I convert photos to documents?
- How do I upload my photos?
- How do I identify relatives in a photo?
- How can I access photo albums?
- How do I turn off photo captions?
- How do I upload a new profile photo?
- How do I rotate a photo?
- What is a Project?
- How do I create a Project?
- How can I add profiles to a project?
- How do I add photos to a project?
- How do I set a project photo?
- How do I add documents to a project?
- What are Discussions updates and who receives those?
- How can I view my inbox messages?
- How can I view my notifications?
- How can I view my requests?
- How can I send another user a message?
- How can I change which people I am notified about?
- What are the reasons for reporting a profile, image / document, project, etc?
- How do I report a profile?
- How do I report a profile as Deceased?
- What is a Claimed Historical Profile?
- What is Spam?
- What is a Vandalism report?
- Can I import a GEDCOM into Geni?
- Is GEDCOM Import free?
- Is there a limit to what I can import into Geni with a GEDCOM?
- What is the "GEDCOM import in progress" icon in the tree?
- How do I handle matches during my GEDCOM import?
- Can I undo a GEDCOM import?
- What is MyHeritage?
- What does this mean for Geni?
- How will the two websites operate?
- How will this affect my Geni membership?
- Will MyHeritage users be able to access my Geni tree?