Yes, a basic account on Geni is free. Basic users may:
- Add unlimited profiles
- Merge duplicates
- View enhanced relationship paths
- Upload up to 1GB of photos, videos and documents (about 1,000 photos)
However, users who expect more may choose to upgrade to a Pro Subscription. A one year subscription of Pro is $119.40 plus applicable sales tax (this price is subject to change).
A Geni Pro Member has the ability to access additional Pro features on the site, including:
- Access to Tree Matches
- Unlimited media uploads (photos, videos and documents)
- Enhanced search - search over 100 million profiles to find possible relatives
- Premium support - communicate directly with our expert support staff
- The Geni Pro Badge - identify yourself as a Geni Pro to family members and genealogists
- Priority GEDCOM support for exported files
Any Geni user may become a Pro member from their Home page or by selecting ‘Account Settings,’ ‘Geni Premium Account’ and entering the required payment information or by simply clicking on the Geni Premium Account link.
Updated: November 6, 2018