Your Collaborators can help you edit and update the public profiles you manage on the family tree and vice versa.
When you find a profile that you’d like to collaborate on, you can send the manager a request to collaborate from the top, right corner of the manager's profile by selecting the 'Actions' button and then 'Request to Collaborate.'
If the manager accepts the request, both parties will be able to:
- View and edit the Public profiles each manages
- Merge duplicate profiles together
- Correct relationships in the tree
When you are viewing a profile managed by someone you are collaborating with you will see this icon next the profile name or the profile manager's name:
- Use the “Request to Collaborate” under the 'Actions' button at the top of any profile page to send a request to that manager or for the profile.
- Collaboration is mutual. When someone accepts your request to collaborate, they will then also have the option to edit the Public profiles you manage.
- Your collaborators do not gain any additional permissions on the Private profiles you manage or on your own profile. Nor do they receive any additional family news stories about your activity.
- You can view a list of your collaborators on the Collaborators here.
We also show a list of Collaborators on any unclaimed profile (designated by the Collaborators icon) on the site to make it easier to identify and work with other users on Geni interested in the same profiles.
Updated: September 15, 2016